1. THIS CONTEST IS ONLY OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF BRITISH COLUMBIA, ALBERTA, SASKATCHEWAN, MANITOBA, ONTARIO, NEW BRUNSWICK, NOVA SCOTIA, PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND AND NEWFOUNDLAND WHO HAVE REACHED THE LEGAL DRINKING AGE IN THEIR PROVINCE OF RESIDENCE. SEE RULE 8 FOR FURTHER ELIGIBILITY DETAILS.
2. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Mission Hill Family Estate – “Bring Mission Hill Home” Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Mission Hill Family Estate (a division of Mark Anthony Group Inc.), of 500 – 887 Great Northern Way, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V5T 4T5 (the "Sponsor"). Contest begins at 12:00:01 am (EST) on June 1, 2018 and ends:
• for residents of Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba: at 11:59:59 pm (EST) on September 30, 2018 (the "Western Contest Period");
• for residents of Ontario, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland: at 11:59:59 pm (EST) on December 31, 2018 (the "Eastern Contest Period"); and
• for residents of British Columbia, 11:59:59 pm (EST) on March 31, 2019 (the "BC Contest Period")
The Western Contest Period, Eastern Contest Period, and BC Contest Period are sometimes referred to collectively in these Contest Rules as the “Contest Period”. For any particular Contest entrant, “Contest Period” refers to whichever of those periods applies to their province of residence.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, go to www.bringmissionhillhome.com and complete the online entry form in full and submit the entry as instructed. All fields on the entry form must be completed unless they are indicated as optional. Participants are required to agree to these Contest Rules to be officially entered. To ensure fairness, the number of entries is limited to one per person and one per e-mail address. The same person cannot enter from two or more different e-mail addresses and two different persons cannot enter from the same e-mail address. Entries must be received during the applicable Contest Period. Sponsor will not be responsible for illegible, incomplete, lost, misdirected or late entries, all of which will be void. Any use of automated devices is prohibited. Only eligible entries received during the applicable Contest Period will be entered in the Contest.
a) Prize allocation: There are:
• three (3) prizes available to be won by residents of British
• two (2) prizes available to be won by residents of Alberta;
• one (1) prize available to be won by residents of Saskatchewan and Manitoba;
• two (2) prizes available to be won by residents of Ontario;
• one (1) prize available to be won by residents of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland
b) Prize Description: Exact Prize (each, a “Prize”) to be won will vary depending on the winner’s circumstances in accordance with the criteria set out below:
i. Each winner will receive one (1) cookware set, each consisting of: a Staub cast-iron cookware set, a Zwilling J.A. Henckels knife set and a gift basket (collectively, the “Cookware Set”).
ii. The balance of each Prize, if any, will be based on the following Prize criteria:
A. If a winner resides within fifty (50) kilometres of the main commercial airport serving any Qualifying City (as defined below) in their province of residence and has a suitable residence as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, the Prize will include a meal (“In-Home Dinner”) for the winner and up to six (6) guests, prepared in the winner’s residence by a member of the Mission Hill culinary team or another chef selected by Sponsor in its discretion.
B. If a winner:
• does not reside within fifty (50) kilometres of the main commercial airport serving any Qualifying City (as defined below) in their province of residence; and/or
• does not have a suitable residence as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion (taking into account factors such as kitchen and dining room size, available dinnerware and glassware and other requirements and other factors to be considered by the Sponsor in its sole discretion), the Prize will be dinner for the winner and up to six (6) guests in a restaurant (“Designated Restaurant”) selected by the Sponsor in its discretion, in the winner’s choice of Qualifying City (as defined below) in the winner’s province of residence, with all elements of the meal being planned and selected by the Sponsor in its discretion. All expenses associated with winner’s and guests’ travel to Designated Restaurant will be the responsibility of the winner and his/her guests, as further outlined below.
C. If a winner:
• does not reside within fifty (50) kilometres of the main commercial airport serving any Qualifying City (as defined below) in their province of residence; and/or
• does not have a suitable residence (taking into account factors such as kitchen and dining room size, available dinnerware and glassware and other requirements and other factors to be considered by the Sponsor in its sole discretion); and
• is not willing or able to travel for a dinner in a Designated Restaurant in a Qualifying City, that winner will forfeit that aspect of the Prize and the Prize for that winner will be the Cookware Set referred to in 4 b) i. above.
The approximate value of the Prize will vary depending on the winner’s place of residence, the discretion of the Sponsor regarding the awarding of the Prize in accordance with section 4 b) ii. and the willingness and ability of the winner to travel at their expense with guests to a Designated Restaurant. For example, if the winner resides in Winnipeg, Manitoba and receives a meal in their home in accordance with 4 b) ii. A. above, the approximate retail value of the prize would be $3700-5000 CAD. If a winner resides in Prince George, British Columbia and (a) opts to travel at their expense for a restaurant meal in Kelowna, British Columbia in accordance with 4 b) ii. B., the approximate retail value of the prize would be $3700 CAD; or (b) does not opt to travel for the restaurant meal, the Prize would consist only of the Cookware Set and the approximate retail value of the Prize would be $2700 CAD.
All meal aspects of Prize as described in section 4 b) ii. are valid through July 1, 2019. If winner and his/her guests cannot complete in-home meal or restaurant meal, as the case may be, by that date, that portion of the Prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Prize is non-transferable, must be accepted as awarded in accordance with the above criteria and cannot be substituted for cash (other than at the sole discretion of the Sponsor). Arrangements for Prize delivery will be confirmed with the winners by e-mail or telephone. Each Prize will only be released to the verified winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
Prizes are based on availability of chef and/or Designated Restaurant, as the case may be. Each Prize winner and his/her guests are solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein, including, without limitation, as applicable, all transportation and all personal expenses of any kind or nature. Specific Prize elements are subject to availability and change without notice or compensation. It is recommended that the Prize winner and his/her guests obtain sufficient personal insurance prior to any Prize-related travel. No change in Prize arrangements can be made by the winner once Prize arrangements have been confirmed.
Qualifying Cities: for the purpose of Prize fulfilment in accordance with the above criteria, the following are each a “Qualifying City”:
• For entrants resident in Ontario:
• For entrants resident in Manitoba/Saskatchewan:
o Saskatoon, SK
o Regina, SK
• For entrants resident in Alberta:
• For entrants resident in British Columbia:
o White Rock
• For entrants resident in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland:
o St. John’s, NL
o Moncton, NB
5. PRIZE DRAWS
Random draw will be conducted:
a) on November 30, 2018 at 1:00 pm (Pacific Standard Time) at 500 – 887 Great Northern Way, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V5T 4T5, to select:
• two (2) entries from all entries received from residents of Alberta; and
• one (1) entry from all entries received from residents of Saskatchewan and Manitoba
b) on January 31, 2019 at 1:00 pm (Pacific Standard Time) at 500 – 887 Great Northern Way, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V5T 4T5, to select:
• two (2) entries from all entries received from residents of Ontario; and
• one (1) entry from all entries received from residents of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland
c) on April 15, 2019 at 1:00 pm (Pacific Standard Time) at 500 – 887 Great Northern Way, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V5T 4T5, to select:
• three (3) entries from all entries received from residents of British Columbia
The Sponsor or its representatives will attempt to contact each selected entrant by email and/or telephone for a period of seven (7) business days following the draw date. If a selected entrant cannot be contacted within the allotted time, he/she is no longer eligible to win the Prize and the Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, select at random another eligible entrant whom the Sponsor or its representatives will attempt to contact, and who shall in turn be subject to disqualification, in the same manner. The odds of being selected for a Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the applicable Contest Period in each province.
By entering, entrants agree that, if selected, they will cooperate with and assist the Sponsor with respect to the Sponsor’s determination of the prize for which they are eligible and Selected entrants will be required, as a condition of winning and as part of the Sponsor’s determination of the Prize for which they may be eligible, to provide information to the Sponsor including (for those residing in a Qualifying City), but not limited to, completing a short questionnaire regarding their home’s suitability for an In-Home Dinner.
6. RELEASE AND SKILL-TESTING QUESTION: In order to be declared a winner, each potential winner must correctly answer, unassisted, whether mechanical or otherwise, an arithmetic skill-testing question; and will be required to complete, sign and return to the Sponsor or its representative a Declaration of Compliance with the Contest Rules and a Release of Liability and Publicity Release (“Declaration and Release Documents”) within seven (7) business days of delivery of same by the Sponsor, confirming compliance with the Contest Rules and releasing the Sponsor, its advertising and promotional agencies, the provincial liquor authorities, parent companies and affiliates of the foregoing and all their respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability of any kind in connection with the Contest, or occurring as a result of the Prize being awarded. Each winner irrevocably authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish and disseminate his/her name, address, photograph, likeness or other image, voice and/or statements, in connection with any advertising, promotion, publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment, marketing and information purposes at no compensation (other than the Prize) to the winner. No participant will be declared a winner until his/her compliance with these Contest Rules has been verified. Declaration and Release Documents must be signed and returned within the time period indicated on the documents or as requested by the Sponsor or its representative, or the Prize will be forfeited. Winner’s guests may also, at the discretion of the Sponsor, be required to sign the Sponsor’s Declaration and Release Documents as a condition of participation in any Prize. Arrangements for Prize delivery will be confirmed with each winner by e-mail or telephone.
7. The provincial liquor agencies are not connected with this Contest in any manner whatsoever, and are not liable in any way whatsoever in regard to any matter which relates to this Contest.
8. To enter and be eligible to win, an entrant must be a legal resident of British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Ontario, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island or Newfoundland and of legal drinking age in his/her province of residence at the time of entry in the Contest. Persons are not eligible to enter if they: a) are an employee of the Sponsor or any of its affiliates or related parties, or of any of its advertising or promotional agencies, or of any participating stores or Contest judging organization or any prize supplier; b) are an employee of or contractor to any provincial liquor authority, any liquor distribution company or any participating licensed establishment; c) are a member of the immediate family (defined as parents, siblings, children and spouse, regardless of where they live) or household (whether related or not) of any of such persons; or d) have won any other contest or game of skill the Sponsor has offered within the twelve (12) months prior to the commencement of the Contest Period. Entries may not be given or sold to anyone else, and the Sponsor reserves the right to refuse to accept the registration of an entry if the Sponsor considers the entry to have been submitted by an ineligible person or through any mechanical, electronic or other automated means of submission. All contestants must prove their eligibility with valid photo identification and proof of residency, upon request.
This Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. All incidental costs and expenses not specifically referred to herein including (without limitation) federal, provincial and local taxes, shall be the responsibility of the prize winners. Before being declared a winner, selected entrants must sign a Declaration of Compliance and Release documents, confirming his/her eligibility and compliance with the Contest Rules and releasing the Released Parties from any and all liability arising from: (i) participation in the Contest; (ii) acceptance of the prizes as awarded; and (iii) the administration of the Contest and distribution of the prizes awarded herein.
9. If the identity of an entrant/winner is disputed, the entrant/winner will be deemed to be the person in whose name the applicable e-mail account is registered. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this Contest will be the Sponsor's network equipment.
10. The Prizes must be accepted as awarded. They may not be transferred or substituted for cash, another prize or otherwise (other than at the sole discretion of the Sponsor). The Sponsor reserves the right, for any reason whatsoever, in its sole and absolute discretion, to award a substitute prize of equivalent monetary value or greater value if a prize cannot be awarded as described. Prizes will only be delivered to verified winners. Arrangements for Prize delivery will be confirmed with each winner by e-mail or telephone.
11. All decision(s) of the Sponsor, or others involved in the administration of the Contest, who may be employees of the Sponsor or its affiliates or independent contractors, are final and binding with respect to all aspects of the Contest, including, without limitation, eligibility and/or disqualification of entries. All entries are the property of the Sponsor.
12. By entering the Contest, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Contest Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are final. Entrants who have not complied with these Contest Rules are subject to disqualification. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
13. By entering this Contest, each entrant agrees to save and hold harmless the Sponsor, its affiliates, the suppliers of the Prize and their respective employees, officers, directors and agents from any and all liability for harm which the winner may suffer as a result of participation in the Contest, compliance or non-compliance with these Contest Rules and acceptance and use of the Prize, and each selected entrant winner agrees to sign the Sponsor's form(s) of Declaration and Release Documents (see Rule 6 above) in this regard before receiving his/her Prize. The Sponsor shall not bear any liability arising from or in any way relating to the Contest or the Prize awarded.
14. The Sponsor reserves the right to change the terms of the Contest or terminate it at any time, without prior notice, except to the provincial liquor boards, if required. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, if for any reason in the sole opinion of the Sponsor the Contest is not capable of running as planned or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of tampering, fraud, technical failures or any other reason beyond its control, the Sponsor reserves the right, subject only to the approval of the provincial liquor boards, if required, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, including selecting winners and/or additional winners from previously received valid entries.
15. By entering this Contest, each winner consents and agrees to the use by the Sponsor or its agents of the winner's name, city of residence, photograph, likeness or other image, voice and/or statements for any and all publicity purposes, commercial or otherwise, in any and all media without compensation (other than the Prize) of any kind or further notification.
16. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, incomplete, garbled, undelivered, damaged or misdirected entries or for any technical problems of any kind affecting the operation or administration of this Contest, including, without limitation, any technical malfunction or failure of, or any other problem with, any computer hardware or software or any telephone network or lines or broadcast transmission during the Contest Period. The Sponsor will not be responsible for any injury or damage to the participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Contest.
17. This Contest is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws.
©2018. Mark Anthony Group Inc.
Sponsored by Mission Hill Family Estate.